Saturday, October 3, 2015

Greatest Fear: Rare Bird

My greatest fear, like everyone else’s, is losing the people I love. How could I possibly get by if my babies lost their father, if I lost the love of my life? How would our marriage and our family survive it if we lost one of these precious children?

I don’t even have to think about what would happen to me if I lost all three of them because I already know I would drop dead in front of the officer or hospital worker giving me the news. I could never survive that heartache, nor would I want to.

So when Rare Bird showed up in my mailbox, I instantly felt a deep pang of regret. What did I get myself into? I can’t read this book. I can’t read about a mother losing her child. I can’t. I won’t. I’ll just implode.



But I had one of those feelings, like God was telling me to read this book any ways.

I am admittedly very glad I did.

I couldn’t always read very much of it at a time. It broke my heart and had me crying like a baby most nights. But it touched my soul and made me crave a life of meaning. It made me that much more determined to help mothers everywhere keep their babies alive for that much longer.

While this was initially a hard book to read, I feel like Anna wrote it in exactly the way it needed to be written. There is no way around her pain, of course, but there is also no mistaking her hope, faith, or love for her husband and daughter. It was almost sad to end the book because I know there is always going to be so much more to her story, her healing, her growing faith, but this is the end of what I get to see for myself.

Any ways, it’s a wonderfully inspiring read I highly recommend. Just keep the tissues nearby!

*I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I always read them, don't always have time to answer quickly. Sorry about that!