1. When you leave the reception and it’s just the two of you and you say to each other, “We’re married!” on your way to your favorite barbecue place
2. When your child, the child you just spent nine months growing and praying for, is placed on your chest for the first time.
3. When it’s freezing outside and you curl up on the couch with your husband, hot chocolate, a good movie and a warm blanket.
4. When you spend hours and hours of your life making something for someone and they are crazy appreciative
5. When you hear footie pajamas padding across the floor and a little one who is supposed to be asleep whispers, “Hi. I hold you?”
6. When you get a real, hand-written letter in the mail
7. When you spend hours texting family members, “Have you heard anything yet?!” since you know another loved one went into labor the night before.
8. When they play My Chains Are Gone in church.
9. When the air is chilly enough you can see your own breath and you wrap your arm around your husband’s as he pushes a stroller of blanket-wrapped babies through orange leaves with you.
10. When you feel like you’re going to pass out from exhaustion and the baby who refuses to sleep suddenly looks up and smiles at you.