Monday, January 18, 2016

Book Review: Trim Healthy Mama

Nutrition and health is so important to me at this stage in life. I have been using my own body to nourish someone else’s since August 2012. I was pregnant, then breastfeeding, then pregnant + breastfeeding, then just pregnant, then just breastfeeding, and am now pregnant + breastfeeding again. My body has been nourishing two or even three people for the past three consecutive years and I feel so aware of how my body is reacting to all this.

Most days I feel fine. I try to eat a balanced, veggie-heavy diet and feel great when I do. I don’t notice any strain or think twice about things when I’m staying on top of healthy meals. When I let cravings or convenience get the better of me, though, I can absolutely tell my body is not doing what it should be.

I was excited to check out Trim Healthy Mama Plan since I had seen it mentioned on Money Saving Mom a few times.

I assumed I would be waiting to implement any tips I liked until I was postpartum, and then tweaking them a bit for breastfeeding. I was very happy to find that this was not at all any kind of diet book and was really just a great resource for me to use even now, in pregnancy, to keep on top of a healthier lifestyle.


*I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I always read them, don't always have time to answer quickly. Sorry about that!