Saturday, January 9, 2016

Homeschool Update

So I planned to update this every month or so and then it turns out I never really did again!

Homeschool pre-school is still happening around here, but a lot less often. If we’re being honest, it’s because I’m pregnant and exhausted. That’s pretty much the only reason.

So for now we are mostly just reading books, like we always do, and doing one homeschool activity each day.

This month our read-aloud is a very simple first-reader book he picked out from the library, Laura Lee at the Sea. It turned out to be a Christian book so that makes me pretty happy.

The main activities we rotate through are Spanish flashcards, Mickey Mouse Club shapes flashcards, puzzles, and coloring. We’re still singing the ABC song a lot and he’s getting closer and closer to having it totally down. He is really into drawing right now and the other night he was cracking me up at bedtime. Ryan was home so I was nursing the baby and he was snuggling Ryan, but one arm was up in the air kind of slowly flailing. I asked what he was doing and he said, “I coloreen. I coloreen a red circle, blue triangle, purple stop sign!”


For the most part, we’re just hanging out. He still loves to read and we do lots of playing, but the homeschool basket sits on our entertainment center so he’ll usually ask to get something out of there to do. It’s been nice to enjoy it all without having to push it. I hope this makes it easier to keep him interested in school as he gets older, since for now he thinks it’s so fun!

2 comments:

  1. Neat to hear about this! Are you guys planning on homeschooling once he turns Kindergarten age too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's the plan! We'll have a three and two-year-old at that point too but I THINK I can do it lol

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comments! I always read them, don't always have time to answer quickly. Sorry about that!