Friday, February 12, 2016

Helmets

My son has a few prized possessions but his balance bike and helmet are probably his favorites.

They go hand-in-hand. He is well aware that we wear helmets when we ride bikes and doesn't even think about getting on his without one. It's automatic.

He points them out in books.

When we see a bike parked in front of a store he asks, "Where da helmet go?"

So when he saw this old picture the other day he put on a very stern face and said, "Mom. We NEBBER rid a bike wifout a helmet! Not safe! A bad choice."


I thought on my feet and said, "Oh, I think my helmet was hiding under my hood." He looked at it very closely, eyed me skeptically, and said, "I don't fink so. I fink you no wearing a helmet. You better go to timeout."

And that is the story of how I spent two minutes standing with my nose in the living room corner to reinforce the importance of wearing a helmet when we ride a bike.

2 comments:

  1. Awwwwww love this!!!!!! My kids yell at me when I jump on a scooter with out a helmet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I always read them, don't always have time to answer quickly. Sorry about that!