Monday, September 5, 2016

Thank God for Octobers



I’m ready, so ready, for October.

I’m so ready for family hikes. I’m ready to wear a snuggly baby on my chest and hold my husband’s hand as we smile at our “big kids” running around on a path through the woods. I’m ready to see his breath in the air as he turns and tells me, “I love you guys so much it makes my heart hurt.”

I’m ready to eat soup for lunch every day. Zuppa Toscana, loaded baked potato, broccoli cheddar, New England clam chowder, creamy cauliflower, Albondigas, deer stew…

I’m ready to feel closer to God than usual. It’s not that I don’t feel close to God during the spring and summer, but I always feel closer to him during the fall and winter. My favorite weather, the gorgeous sight of red-orange-yellow foliage, animals gearing up winter, frost, the sweet smell of decaying leaves… I feel like he made it all just for me.

I’m ready for adventures. Cooler temperatures and cloudy skies always bring out the explorer in us. We hike. We go for long drives. We explore new towns. I’m ready.

I’m ready to feel pretty and comfortable at the same time. I’m ready for sweaters. I’m ready for tights. I’m ready to wear this hoodie-dress with leggings way too often.

I’m ready to harvest the pumpkins in my garden.

I’m ready for daily stroller walks with my sweet kiddos. I’m ready to see them in their sweaters and handmade beanies, tucked under warm blankets and pointing out pumpkins and scarecrows on other people’s lawns.


I’m ready to spend a few evenings a week snuggled up on the couch beside Ryan, each of us wrapped up in our own blankets as we sip tea or hot chocolate and soak up a few chapters in a good book. Currently on my list: Strong and Kind // Revelation Unveiled // Starting Over

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I always read them, don't always have time to answer quickly. Sorry about that!