Sunday, December 4, 2016

Truly Knowing

“Listen to what your children are teaching you. As you would sit and listen to God, sit and listen to the silence, to things they do not say and to the things they do say. Actively listen to them. Make time to get to know your children—not just who you think they are, but who they think they are. Strip yourself of what you want them to be and look deeply into what God has made them, who they dream of being, who they are.” –Kari Clark, TheMother Letters



I love this little chunk of writing (and the whole book, so much!) and I think about it all the time.
Sometimes we are judged for our past mistakes or achievements, remembered for hobbies or interests we’ve outgrown, or expected to fit into molds we don’t fit into.


I’ve been blessed with these four special people and I want desperately to do right by them. I want to be a good wife and mother, and to really know and love their true hearts. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I always read them, don't always have time to answer quickly. Sorry about that!