Sunday, February 26, 2017

Children's Book Review: When God Made You

We have a sweet new children’s book around these parts, When God Made You.



I had never heard of the author, Matthew Paul Turner, but I have read his wife’s book (The Fringe Hours) so that was fun to learn about.

I really loved the message of this book, which is that God made each of us individually on purpose and that all our unique personalities and gifts are in us for a reason. We try to teach this any ways so I was very much on board with these rhyming words.

The illustrator (David Catrow) has illustrated more than 70 children’s books himself, but I didn’t recognize the name. I thought the illustrations were beautiful and I plan to see what else he has illustrated.

And now, for the most important part of this review… the kids’ thoughts:

Me: What did you think about this book?
Three-year-old: Yeah! Pretty cool.
Two-year-old: Ummmmmm, pretty good.
Me: What was your favorite part?
Three-year-old: All the parts. Can we play outside?
Two-year-old: Babyyyyyy! [illustrations show a baby brother/sister on a few different pages] Me love baby.


I received this book from the Blogging for Books program in exchange for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I always read them, don't always have time to answer quickly. Sorry about that!