Monday, February 13, 2017

The way we talk to each other now...

Then: Do you want pizza for dinner?
Now: Do you want [whispered] P-I-Z-Z-A for dinner?

Then: Let's go hiking tomorrow.
Now: Let's go... never mind. I'll ask you later.

Then: Do we have any ice cream left?
Now: Do we have any... you know... [mimes eating ice cream] or is it all gone?

Then: So then my boss said...
Now: So then... What? No, not right now. Don't interrupt. That's rude. Sorry, what was I saying? No, Mommy and Daddy are trying to have a conversation right now. You need to wait for your turn. So then I said... what are you doing? Do you need to go potty?

Then: When we go to Alaska..
Now: We should go to Alaska in, like, ten years.

Then: Where are we going for Valentine's Day?
Now: We should start that puzzle on Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I always read them, don't always have time to answer quickly. Sorry about that!