Friday, March 10, 2017

Potpurri

He now has the entire book memorized and his sisters sit entranced as he "reads" them Chicka Chicka Boom Boom a few times a week =] 


First, a song for you to listen to and enjoy! 

 

Other Side by Sparrows Rising. This is Ryan’s cousin’s band and I just love them! This is my favorite of their songs and my second favorite is Lullaby from their other album =]

I’m not as creative as I usually think I am but I still love scouring the Internet for cute kids’ room ideas (1 // 2 // 3 ) and homeschool room ideas (1 // 2 // 3 )  

My newest book, Blessed by Birth, is a collection of birth stories that highlights the spiritual side of birth. There are 26 birth stories and we have quite a decent variety—medication-free births, epidurals, inductions, two emergency C-sections, healthy babies, NICU babies, a surprise Down Syndrome diagnosis—which I’m very proud of! It releases June 6th, but you can add it to your Goodreads listhere to be alerted when we start doing giveaways =]

Spent a night in a hotel over the weekend and enjoyed a new-to-us Alaska show… Building Off theGrid: Alaska. Have you seen it?! We only watched one episode but it was awesome.

We eat mostly Paleo around here but Ryan and I both really love fried rice. We found Lundberg’s neworganic sprouted vegetable fried rice this weekend so we’re going to give it a try at some point this week. Also. These are a little junky but they’re a fun treat for letter recognition and talking about their sounds, making words, etc… Ian’s Alphatots. Basically letter-shaped fries my kids are going crazy for right now.

Blogs I’ve been really enjoying lately for homeschool purposes: What Do We Do All Day? // Hip Homeschooling // How We Montessori // I Can Teach My Child

Hoping to encourage you today to consider sponsoring a child in another country! It’s a really awesome cause and I cannot stress enough how much of a difference it makes. We use and like Compassion but we also think WorldVision and ChildFund are great programs too!

Books I’m currently reading: Are my Kids on Track // Lost & Found // The Cul de Sac Kids: Double Dabble Surprise… and I’m finishing Because You’re Mine today, then starting The Fifth Letter in its place.

We’re doing a little gardening unit for homeschool preschool this week so I let each of the big kids paint their own terracotta planting pot and pick a small vegetable to plant in it, and we also started working on our raspberry plant which usually brings us a few raspberries a day in the summer.
We also dug these books out of our bookshelf or borrowed them from the library: Busy in the Garden // In the Garden // Planting a Rainbow // Secrets of the Vegetable Garden // Two Old Potatoes and Me
=]

Do you have anything fun to share this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I always read them, don't always have time to answer quickly. Sorry about that!