Thursday, March 30, 2017

Ten things you should do today

1. Give some kind words to someone who needs them. A friend or family member going through a trial, the cashier who seems sad today, the barista who just got yelled at.

2. Drink a green smoothie. My family’s favorite: Milk (lately I’ve been a big fan of hemp milk because I’m still obsessed with Omega3s), banana, big handful of spinach, 2tbsp peanut butter, 1tsp cocoa powder. I usually put flax, chia, or hemp hearts in too.

3. Pray for peace today for women struggling with infertility, mamas who don’t know when their babies will get another meal, and families waiting on a diagnosis.

4. Watch the trailer for Blessed by Birth, my upcoming book releasing June 6th.
 

5. Do 20 push-ups. Or at least 10. But really, do 20 push-ups. I don’t care if you’re on your knees or against a wall or beast-moding it with one hand. Just do it.

6. Mail a card or letter. Write a sweet note, by hand, and send it to somebody you love or who you know could use a pick-me-up.

7. Figure out a go-to recipe for blessing the people around you. Baby meals, sick meals, I-know-you’re-in-a-crazy-busy-season meals. I have decided on chicken soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. I will be sure to always have the ingredients on-hand to bless somebody with a big pot of chicken soup and a fat stack of grilled cheese sandwiches when life calls for it.

8. Go for a walk. Down the street, around the office, through the mall, just walk!

9. Floss! Did you know that I used to be a dental assistant? I saw some pretty sick stuff so I had a crazy habit of brushing my teeth after every meal/snack/drink, even at work, and flossing after breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I fell out of that habit and now I just try to floss every night. I definitely miss some nights here and there, but I had a filling last week that was so insanely uncomfortable, I swear the most uncomfortable filling I’ve ever had, and now I’m back on the bandwagon to avoid doing that again for as long as I can/forever?!

10. Leave a comment telling me your favorite read-alouds from childhood… whether your parents or teachers read them, I don’t care. A few of mine:
Holes // Little Women // Stone Fox // Time for Andrew // Number the Stars // The Giver // The Outsiders

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I always read them, don't always have time to answer quickly. Sorry about that!