Saturday, April 8, 2017

10 Randoms

1. We just got back from a seriously amazing road trip where we explored the Redwoods, Trinidad State Beach, and Portland, OR. I did wind up in the Portland ER with food poisoning one night but otherwise it was a really awesome trip and I can't wait to put all the photos together in blog posts and share them!

2. Things my son said in Portland
"Why are there so many people here? These people need to go HOME."
"Look at all this crap! I probably shouldn't say crap. That's a bad word. We don't say bad words, just good words."
"Somebody colored on that wall."
"Somebody colored on that door."
"Somebody colored on that sign."
"Somebody colored on EVERYTHING here!"
"No, I don't need to go potty. I'm just gonna wait til we get home."

3. The trip made me obsessed with the idea of roadschooling again (I mean, we basically roadschooled on this trip!), and now we're talking more seriously about travel trailers and pop-up trailers. Do we have money for one? No. Has that ever stopped us from dreaming? Another no!


4. Starting this awesome new book tonight, perfect since I'm still in adventure mode... We Stood Upon Stars, sharing a man's adventures and the way he's found God in them... obviously my kinda thing =D

5. One year of school lunches! I just enjoy these for variety ideas, road trip/picnic meals, etc.

6. We decided to just do educational books as souvenirs. No weird junk. So we opted for The Tallest Tree from the Redwoods and Goodnight Oregon from Portland. And a Redwoods fridge magnet for Ryan and me because we make the rules.

7. I think Ryan is making some kind of short bed frame for us, like this one, because I like to keep the mattresses low for baby safety but recently found out that can cause mold inside your mattress :| That information would have been really handy YEARS ago.

8. My son saw the preview for Cars 3 at our hotel last night. I'm pretty sure we won't stop hearing about it for months. He hasn't even seen Cars 2. Doesn't matter.

9. Last one about books, I swear. I'm suddenly in a World War II fiction phase. I've got The Nightingale on the Kindle right now and I've also put holds on The Orphan's Tale and Lilac Girls. Any others you recommend?

10. I finally watched Fixer Upper and Home Town while on this trip and now I'm a convert. My hotel favorites: House Hunters (but not international), Property Brothers, Flip or Flop, Fixer Upper, Home Town, Alaska: The Last Frontier, Alaskan Bush People, Gold Rush Alaska. There's always at least one of those on. If there wasn't, I don't know. I guess we'd just check out and go home?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I always read them, don't always have time to answer quickly. Sorry about that!