Sunday, June 18, 2017

Dia del Padre

The kids made their father’s day cards for Ryan this year, and then I interviewed them and wrote down their answers inside the card. Some of their answers crack me up so I thought I’d share here…

What is your favorite thing to do with Daddy? 
A: Um, play lions.
B: um, hang out wif Daddy.

What does Daddy always say?
A: ‘I love you’
B: Um, he say ‘no go outta here.’

What does Daddy do for fun?
A: Play superheroes.
B: Um, play outside.

If Daddy was an animal, what animal would he be?
A: Um, a lion.
B: Um, um, uh, a lion.

Can you tell me about Daddy using only one word?
A: He’s really kind.
B: Hmmmm. Hmmmm. Hmmmm. Hmmm. Um, playin’.



If you could do any kind of date with Daddy, what would you pick?
A: Um, uh, mmmmm, go on a swimming date.
B: Oooh, library date!

What kinds of things does Daddy love?
A: Um, me.
B: Um, Daddy loves playing outside! An Daddy loves playing bears and cars annnnnnd and and aaaaand playin’ at da park wif kids aaaaand, and, and, and, and, and Daddy loves to watch a movie, he loves to do music… huh, Mommy?

Happy father’s day to all the dads out there, and to the single mamas too!


I especially want to say it to my sweet husband, who is truly the best father I know. He’s everything you could possibly dream of when you’re imagining the kind of father you’d like for your children…
And to my own dad, who taught me to ride a bike, who wore a bolo tie at my father-daughter western dance, whose feet are permanently damaged from all my stupid LEGOs, who claims he bought an entire Toy Hauler just for me, and who once got a phone call from a paramedic letting him know I had rolled my vehicle and was alone in the ER.

Happy father’s day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I always read them, don't always have time to answer quickly. Sorry about that!