Wednesday, June 21, 2017

My favorite Blessed by Birth quotes…

I know I’m of course biased but really, I LOVE this book. Every time I am looking for something in it for marketing purposes, I wind up getting sucked into one of the stories (even though I’ve read them each probably 20+ times!) and I am very much looking forward to re-reading all the stories in the bathtub during my third trimester of this pregnancy. 

I know it might not mean as much coming from me, but I so highly recommend this book! The stories are funny, touching, give-you-chills-amazing… we’ve got all kinds of beautiful births from 12 different women, all of them pointing to God and the ways his hand was at work through it all.



"At one point I told my husband, “Do not ever let me say again that I am not beautiful! My body is doing an incredible thing.”"
(One Heart-Wrenching Eternity of a Second by Sabrina Dees)

"My arms were strapped to short metal bars with leather straps. My feet were strapped to stirrups.
Every push was so strenuous that I would slide down to the end of the delivery table! My arms would be behind me, held in by the straps, so nurses kept having to pull me back up.
Because I was strapped down and had a Pitocin IV in place, I wasn’t able to change position at all. I made myself focus on the fact that soon I would get to hold my baby."
(He Wasn't Going to Give that Boy Anything but Love by Huberta Kayrene Knoll)

"My first labor and delivery experience is almost indescribable. It’s like I can picture every small detail, but at the same time, I can’t really explain any real details. It's all so unbelievably fuzzy and out-of-body-experiencey that I prefer to just summarize it by saying: It was supernatural. The Holy Spirit was in that room, and I met a piece of God Himself that day. He showed me something beyond my human brain's ability to process."
(My World-Changer, My Bliss by Stacia Ray)

"I’d been in labor since 3 a.m., so it had been a long 18-hour day. When everyone left, including my husband, they brought my baby to me and it was just the two of us. I looked into his eyes and he was looking back at me. I couldn’t believe I had a baby boy."
(The Happiest Night of My Life by Renee Kemmer)

"She was a deep bluish-purple and she was not making any noise. A few brief moments felt like an eternity as she was taken from me to be examined. I heard her being placed on oxygen and she finally started to wail."
(Zoey Alexandra by Barbara Williams)

"Our son was not breathing, not responsive, and very blue. Sure, he was born, technically, but our precious baby boy was lifeless and limp. He looked…dead."
(Our Frightening Miracle Baby: How God's Love Transcended Fear by Stacia Ray)

"The last trimester of my pregnancy was such a long stretch of time to me. Let's face it: when you are carrying your child for almost a year, your body is not your own. The little one inside you is pretty much calling all the shots.
Yes, my body belonged to my baby, and believe me...she made good use of the cramped quarters she inhabited."
(Sara Blesses My Life by Cindy Knoll)

"Within the next hour or so my labor continued to progress, and I entered the “transition” phase.  That’s the medical term for “absolutely miserable dry-heaving nauseating pain that rips you apart and makes you feel like you’re dying” stage. I can see why they shortened it to transition. It’s easier to say."
(My "Rainbow" Baby by Tamara Ashby)

"For the whole week before I delivered, I prayed and told God I knew it was in His hands — however it all would go. It is hard to have faith that everything will go perfectly well when your fear creeps in and reminds you of all the horrible circumstances that could happen. I will say that I walked out of the hospital with more faith than when I walked in."
(My Firstborn, My Sunshine by Amanda Anderson)

"I just wanted to be reassured that everything would be okay. I was scared for my little girl. I felt helpless lying there attached to the monitors, just listening to her heartbeat and praying she would show some movement. The stress was too much for her so they decided she was coming out by C-section."
(My Favorite Valentine by Taevyn Fueller)

"I had been dilated to four centimeters for a couple weeks already. Everyone always told me, ‘You’ll know when you’re in labor!’
I remember crying on my living room floor for hours because I had no idea if I was in labor or not."
(My Saving Grace by Jenny Rose Smith)

"I somehow convinced myself that I was going to die while in labor. I'm pretty sure that I actually went through the five stages of grief. Some nights I would pace back and forth until the early morning hours, so mad at my husband because he was peacefully sleeping. Didn't he know I was going to die soon?! Didn't that mean anything to him? It was almost like he didn't take my imminent death seriously."
(The Gift I Never Wanted by Deanna Fike)

"I didn't have a bag packed and most of all, I didn't have a way to get in contact with my husband.
Bart is active duty Air Force, and of course the day I started to give birth he was out in the field for training,
unreachable."
(Ryland Austin, by Barbara Williams)

"His face turned somber, his excitement turned to concern, and what fell out of his mouth next would haunt me for the rest of my life.
“Something is very wrong with your baby.”
Words I will always remember."
(The Hurricane Before the Rainbow by Stacia Ray)

"On Friday, May 11th — more than three weeks past my due date — my doctor, now back from his vacation, called to congratulate us on our new son. When I told him I was still pregnant, he told me to come in on Monday morning so I could be examined."
(Always Late? She was Born Late! by Huberta Kayrene Knoll)

"I spent as much time fearful and praying for my son’s life as I had when I was pregnant with his sister. I still believed at that time that if I was obedient enough, if I was good enough, God would spare my son and I would be able to raise him."
(Two Under Two by Tamara Ashby)

"The nurse soon discovered that the baby was sunnyside up, so I spent the better part of an hour doing various pilates and yoga moves from the comfort of the hospital bed, all while feeling the brisk air coming in from the gap in the back of my glamorous hospital-issued gown."
(Picking Favorites by Deanna Fike)

"I called my mom and sister, letting them know it was a girl and everything seemed fine. Before we could call anyone else, the doctor who had delivered her told us we might want to hold off calling anyone else until the pediatrician looked at her because she suspected Down syndrome. 
I actually laughed at her. I thought she must not know what she was talking about. I knew she must be wrong."
(A Baby Like You, the Heart of Our Family by Renee Kemmer)

"When we pulled up to the ER doors, I did not wait for him to get the kids out or even see that my mom had pulled up right behind us. I got out, shut the door, walked right up to the triage desk, gave them my information, and instructed them to call that epidural man — STAT!"
(Those Fools Believed Me! by Tamara Ashby)

"I had low blood pressure and was very anemic throughout the pregnancy. I couldn’t rock the other two children or I would get dizzy and nauseous and feel like I was going to pass out.
I was worried that I would pass out and leave my four-year-old and two-year-old without my assistance or supervision. I told my son that if Mommy decided to take a nap on the floor, he needed to go get the neighbor."
(What do you Mean, Don't Push?!" by Huberta Kayrene Knoll)

"It was March 17th, and I did everything I could think of to get him out that day. Spicy foods, tons of walking, pineapple…short of castor oil, I'm pretty sure I tried it all, including begging my OB to induce me that day. It was a no go. No St. Patrick's Day baby for me."
(Brenton Alexander by Barbara Williams)

"As soon as I had a diagnosis, my doctor immediately called in a steroid for Lincoln (who wasn’t due for two more weeks) to help prepare him to come out and meet the world."
(Sweetness by Amanda Anderson)

"Each day, I would ask if he was able to be held yet, but the nurses would kindly apologize and tell me that I could hold him soon, but not today. I would just continue to talk to him and pray over him, waiting for my opportunity to finally hold him close."
(My Own Personal Unicorn by Cindy Knoll)

"They’re trying to resuscitate our baby?!
I couldn’t think straight, and I couldn’t see anything from my vantage point on that operating bed. Voices talking. Bright lights shining. But no baby crying."
(Our Frightening Miracle Baby: How God's Love Transcended Fear by Stacia Ray)

Did you relate to any of those quotes? Did you find any of them wildly intriguing?! We’d love to hear about it. =]

The book is currently available for purchase as a paperback via Lulu
and as an eBook via Lulu // Nook // Kindle // Kobo 

1 comment:

  1. Not-so-patiently awaiting my copy in the mail!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I always read them, don't always have time to answer quickly. Sorry about that!